Monday, June 29, 2009

New Life in a Beautiful Setting


Yesterday was a beautiful day! It was sunny but not too hot. If one were to complain about anything, it was a bit windy. Spiritually it was a beautiful day too! Worship at JFM was exceptional. It was Communion Sunday. The message and the music as we took communion led me to a real sense of the Lord's presence.

Fast forward to 6:00 p.m. at Ackerson Lake. Our annual summer baptism service was held at the home of Bill and Mary. They have a beautiful home with a very nice lakefront. Over 100 people gathered to witness the baptisms of 8 people. As each person entered the water their story was read over the loudspeaker. It is always inspiring to hear how Christ changes lives. Sunday was no exception. The baptism candidates were frank and eloquent as they described their lives before they came to know Christ. Two were alcoholics and talked about how Christ freed them from their addictions and former lifestyle. There was strong sense of victory in the air as we heard about the transformations that have taken place in all the candidates. It was a privilege to hear their stories.

Afterwards there was a sandwich buffet and lots of time to mingle among the people gathered there. I was amazed by the connections God brought to me there. Some were people struggling with cancer. I hope I was an encouragement to them. I also was able to connect with some people to discuss a prayer event that I feel led to plan. It seemed like God orchestrated the right people at the right time to join in the conversation. Lastly, He connected me with a few people that I wanted to congratulate for the good things that He is doing through them. I left the gathering feeling uplifted to a degree that I haven't felt for awhile.

God is real. God is present. God changes lives. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the mood for some music? Click play to hear some of my favorite inspirational songs.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones