Thursday, June 25, 2009

Close Encounter of the Best Kind!



Today I had a wonderful encounter with a hummingbird. I was watering a hanging basket just inches from a feeder when she came to eat. The distinctive whirring of her wings enthralled me as she approached the feeder. Suddenly she withdrew about a foot and looked at me curiously. I stood still as a statue. She hovered at the feeder and took a drink. Again she took flight and moved toward my face. She must have been wondering "is she real?" Evidently she concluded that I was not a threat because she resumed her drinking. The encounter lasted a full minute or two. What a delight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the mood for some music? Click play to hear some of my favorite inspirational songs.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones