Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Frog in my Shoe


I love summer! I love gardening! I love nature with all the surprises that come with it! Today was a fun day. I was straightening up my patio and moved my gardening shoes. Inside was a sleeping tree frog. He/she is a beautiful silver-gray. It looked so comfortable that I took a few pictures and let it sleep. What a trade-off. I get my shoe guarded from bugs and it gets a nice house! I think I shall wash them before I wear them again.

Second fun surprise was a hummingbird battle that occurred right over my head. I was sitting on the ground under the feeder trying to get rid of an obnoxious weed. Two hummingbirds were dive bombing each other and chattering totally unaware that I was only a few feet away. Later one came into the gazebo while Rick and I were eating supper. The yard is teeming with life! This is a day that the Lord has made and I am both rejoicing and being glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the mood for some music? Click play to hear some of my favorite inspirational songs.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones