Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Somebody's Praying Me Through

God continues to give me messages about Jim the homeless man featured in my essay "Humpty Dumpty."

Tuesday mornings I attend a prayer group. This morning we had a blessed time of sharing and prayer. I told them the story of Jim. They confirmed my belief that my interaction with this man was not by chance, it was a divine appointment. During our prayer time we prayed for Jim and all the broken people. I got in my car to leave. I turned on Family Life Radio. Guess what the first song was that played? "Somebody's Praying Me Through." This is the song that Jim was listening to as I saw him slowly moving by the park. This also speaks of this mission God has sent me on. It is an older song. It has been a year or two since I have heard it played. God's timing is amazing. My mind went right back to Jim. Over 100 people so far have gotten the request to pray for Jim and broken people like him. Hearing that song played at that time in that place was another sign to me that God is hearing our prayers and He is pleased. I've added the song to my playlist. Give it a listen.

Prayer is powerful. I am blessed to have amazing prayer support. My life continues to be transformed through the power of prayer. Maybe right now your life is not going well. I urge you to get a prayer posse going. I pray that this song and testimony will encourage you to do so. And if your life is going great count your blessings and remember the Jim's of the world.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the mood for some music? Click play to hear some of my favorite inspirational songs.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones